MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just created the forum. Can't moderate with super admin account.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I just created a new mybb forum. I have used mybb before and have had no great difficulties with it. Unfortunately, today, after installing I am unable to moderate posts with my super admin account. I have all of the permissions set correctly and I was sure to CHMOD everything correctly after uploading all the files and then installing.

Whenever I try to move/delete a post I get:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)

You are currently logged in with the username: 'mysuperadminusernamehere'

Why is it doing this? I have no idea.
Which version of MyBB are you using?
Check your user and make sure it is in the Administrators usergroup.
Check your Admin usergroup and ensure that the "Is super moderator" permission is selected.
Yup, I just checked all that. All those settings are set right. I am using version 1.4.11.
Ok, this is driving me crazy. I even created a super mod user and the same thing happens when the super mod tries to moderate something. BTW - PHP version - 5.2.9, MySQLi 5.0.81.
Wow, this is strange. It seems the template I was using was the cause of the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing the template? Thanks ...
showthread_moderation options needs to be default, this was an issue a good few versions ago, assuming it is that template that'as the cause of course.
(2010-01-12, 06:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]showthread_moderation options needs to be default, this was an issue a good few versions ago, assuming it is that template that'as the cause of course.
Are you talking about the "Show Thread Options" in the configuration tab? If so, how do you default those settings? Thanks ...
It's a template in the Show Thread Templates set.
(2010-01-12, 06:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's a template in the Show Thread Templates set.
Thank you, your a godsend! You guys really are great, where do i donate???