MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb3 --> mybb some users can't stay logged in.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two users whining that they cannot stay logged in for the life of them. I have instructed them how to clear their caches but they just can't stay logged in.

They login, click a link and it asks for their login again.
If its only 2 users it really sounds like its on their end. Forget clearing caches, have them clear their cookies.
One guy is technically not so savi. The other guy is really good.

The user works on 3 other computers at work. I logged on with them here at work. These computers
have never accessed the site though.

The savi guy runs an xp machine and a win7 machine. Same results. Not only that he has tried it in ie and firefox and it still won't work.
Not sure then. I've never heard of this happening to anyone. I'll let the staff field it from here on Undecided
This sounds like a general support issue. Are your cookie settings set correctly?
(2010-01-13, 01:43 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like a general support issue. Are your cookie settings set correctly?

All other users have no problems just the two guys. One guy has 3 computers that do the same thing.

Just for kicks though should it be .www.tntgp.com or .tntgp.com ?

It looks like it should be .tntgp.com

I set it to this a while ago and it looked like it changed back .... I have changed it to .tntgp.com as per the tutorials. All 'appears' to be well.

Will report back.
.tntgp seems to work. I also force the main headers to not be cacheable. This seems to have remedied it all.

It'd sure like to know how the cookie domain happened to reset itself.
(2010-01-15, 04:33 PM)kaffien Wrote: [ -> ]It'd sure like to know how the cookie domain happened to reset itself.

Simple: They don't :p

Something or somebody else changed it. Even perhaps your settings.php might have not been CHMOD 777.