MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any inbuilt player that we can use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suppose if I do not want to use youtube, metacafe etc etc. Is there any inbuilt player or any such plugin which plays videos directly from my server?

THanks.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Automedia will play your media files if you upload them directly (not as attachments) but I could be wrong.
I tried that, and that uses windows media player by default, which really works very slow and sometimes it dont work at all.
You could add a custom MyCode using some embed code as the replacement, but I could not tell you what code to use as I don't know.
Use one of the Flash based players out there and just link to the attachment download. Format support is a bit limited though (FLV and H.264/MP4), and Flash isn't necessarily fast either (maybe faster loading, but videos may lag).
The WMP player may support more formats.
(2010-01-13, 10:03 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Use one of the Flash based players out there and just link to the attachment download. Format support is a bit limited though (FLV and H.264/MP4), and Flash isn't necessarily fast either (maybe faster loading, but videos may lag).
The WMP player may support more formats.

+1
I missunderstood the post. Ignore me.