MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem in forum contains new post after upgrading to 1.4.11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there

I faced a problem after upgrading from 1.4.8 to 1.4.11. To be honest, I made a little mistake, but I think it is minor.
So after closing the board, disabling the plugins and such. I uploaded the files of MyBB 1.4.11, except that I missed to upload the ones in the main directory.
I ran the upgrade tool, and everything went smooth without problems. I reopend the forums and enabled the plugins. However, I later remembered that I forgot to upload the files in the main directory, so I disabled the plugins again, and the files I missed to upload.

Now, the problem I am facing is that, even if I read the threads in some forums, the forum still looks as if it still has new unread posts/threads; it changes however if I browse the actual forum.

What should I do?
If it's what I think it is than this is a know limitation of the system. If you can provide a URL and test account though we'll be able to see if it's the same problem or something else.
It didn't happen before upgrading.
I noticed that it only happens if I reply to a post for example.
So it is like this, I read the thread, if I reply and go back to the index, the forum is marked as containing new posts.
Anyone?
I have this exact same issue. To avail, I'm going to be performing a full reinstall and moving the users, posts and other stuff to the new myBB install just to see if that fixes the issue.

I've found no fix for this other than attempting a SQL move, and have the exact same issue. Post icon markers are seemingly static now. They do not change, as in - even if you mark it as read the system thinks it is STILL unread.
No, as I said, this is a known issue, it's been like this for ages, you probably just didn't notice it before. Sometimes your browser could be caching stuff though. As I said, it's impossible to tell for sure if you don't give us a URL, and a test account.
I can assure you it hasn't been for ages, I've been using MyBB for a while, I never had the forum marked as containing new posts every time I post a reply to some thread there. Unless I mark all forums as read, the forums keeps becoming like that one after another every time I post something..
just try to tell the link of your forum like Matt said. And PM, if you need a private
Once again, if it is a different problem, what can we do if you don't give a URL?? I may as well close this if nobody's going to post one otherwise we won't be getting anywhere...
It is not accessible by the internet!
Pages: 1 2