MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar Trouble..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey a user of min seems to be having some Avatar trouble..

He has a previously uploaded avatar, then he went to upload a new one, but it didnt work and went to a stretchy version of his "old" avatar.

His profile is here http://www.8baller.co.uk/forum/user-11.html

Now even when i try to change his avatar in AdminCP, i remove his current avatar and upload an image from my own laptop..it goes back to this stretchy version of his old avatar..

Help?
Incomplete copyright is incomplete.
The powered by and linkback is all that we require for support.

It is to do with your browser's cache, nothing else. Do a hard refresh (Shift + F5) or clear your cache, it will work then.
(2010-01-13, 12:27 PM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]The powered by and linkback is all that we require for support.

It is to do with your browser's cache, nothing else. Do a hard refresh (Shift + F5) or clear your cache, it will work then.
For hard refresh: CTRL + F5.
Both seem to work for me.
Yes it was the cache.. thanks for the advice. But, fundamentally.. its rather a flawed system.

I remeber a few years back i had the problem with my own avatar system for the site (not forums) and i solved it back adding a unique id to each uploaded avatar, then when someone uploaded a new avatar it looked for avatar_$uniqueid.jpg not just avatar_$userid.jpg which looks like mybb also does.
We're doing this for 1.6, adding something to the end of it to make it unique Smile Some browsers cache harder than others, I've never experienced this in Chrome on any site but other people get it loads.
Speaking of 1.6..... Any news / Timeline?
(2010-01-13, 05:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]We're doing this for 1.6, adding something to the end of it to make it unique Smile Some browsers cache harder than others, I've never experienced this in Chrome on any site but other people get it loads.
Thanks to my idea. Toungue

Yeah, the avatar caching always annoyed me. I had to always hard refresh people's avatars when they were 'stretched' or smaller than normal. Smile
Pages: 1 2