MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Reset Password] Manually & Quickly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-01-15, 03:52 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]There are a few good password management programs now too Toungue.
Do you expect the average user to really have one? Also there's issues with using public computers too.
No, but if they have trouble remembering it's a good idea to get one Toungue. And, I know that allows you manage them online (then you just need to remember 2 passwords so you can get to the rest Toungue).
(2010-01-16, 07:11 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]No, but if they have trouble remembering it's a good idea to get one Toungue. And, I know that allows you manage them online (then you just need to remember 2 passwords so you can get to the rest Toungue).
I don't think the average person even knows the existence of these things. Most will note the password down on a notebook or something. Not the most convenient, but probably a heck of a lot more convenient than your online solution.
In any case, not everyone bothers anyway.
(2010-01-14, 01:26 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Just the fact someone lost their password defines them as incompetent.

(2010-01-14, 01:56 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]That makes them more incompetent.
Lol I couldn't agree more.
I think this "bad idea" can be use as security purpose (keep cookies)
- first, login as administrator. (remember the login/cookies)
- change with phpMyAdmin (or other script), "loginattempts" SQL value for administrator account to value bigger from failed login setting. Maybe 9999? Smile
- thats it!
- your cookies are the key. Any other member access your admin panel/admin user from another computer or another browser (even at internet cafe) will not success to login. Except, the can reach and change SQL manually :lol:
And you can use your private PC safely with existing cookies.

I dont know, yet. How the member.php expired/reset the 9999 value? I am, too lazy reading hundreds of code Big Grin
So, I think about modifying file admin/index.php?module=user/users&action=edit&uid= and add function/small code
update `mybb_users` set `loginattempts`='0' WHERE `username` = 'name' 
on Admin User Editor Smile
Pages: 1 2