MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error while doing the recounting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 285474816) (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in public_html/mybb/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 1295

My host even upped the memory up to 512 but it still failed at the above.

The error happens while doing the Rebuilding Counters on the posts.

Also I am converting from ipb 2.3.6 with almost 200,000 posts.
You should be able to leave it and recount via the ACP tools, pretty sure it does the same thing. See if it works there.
slight problem though I can not import the attachments with out finishing the posts according to the import thing.

I did try that and it does not seem to work at all.
You hit the proceed and they it says it is done.
Did you try to lower the number of items per cycle ? Just go from 1000 to 500 and give it a go.
Yes that did not make a difference as it was the recounting after the importing. The only thing that did work was to delete 120,000 posts.
I attach a modified index.php, from the converter. If you replace the index.php of the converter (Directory convert) whith this one, there will be no recount after the post import - that should do the trick for you. You will have to recount the posts, threads & forums using the admincp tools.

regards
ok will try that later.
Thanks.
Oh my host said it would be better if while the recount was in progress if it did like 500 to 1000 at a time, like it does when importing.
that should be ok.
-
the problem on the recounting during the convert is that it does not recount in chunks - it just grabbs all at once which is just killing your memory.

The tolls & maintenance on the admincp do it in chunks - so you will not have any problems there.
Indeed they should fix that in the next release of the converter.