MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to take copyright off a skin? [Skin copyright NOT mybb]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

Wondering how do you take the theme copyright off?

I would NEVER remove MyBB but the skin has its own copyright, The owner has giving me permission to take it off, But he refuses to tell me How, Can you help me?

Thanks
(2010-01-13, 06:03 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]Hey All,

Wondering how do you take the theme copyright off?

I would NEVER remove MyBB but the skin has its own copyright, The owner has giving me permission to take it off, But he refuses to tell me How, Can you help me?

Thanks

That''s a bit weird that they gave you the permission but didn''t tell you how to remove it.

Can you provide proof of the permission? Look, that guy/girl that has created that particular theme has spent several hours of his free time for that so the least you can do is to keep the copyright notice intact. That is if no permission to remove it was given.
It has a stupid thing under it saying DO NOT REMOVE MY COPYRIGHT i want to take that but keep the skin copyright, And i have the PM, How can i show it?
in admin cp go to themes & styles > templates > (the theme you want to remove copyright on) > footer templates > footer, it should be below the mybb copyright.
Screenshot?

and Cant find Confused

EDIT: I dont see a "footer templates"

EDIT: oops, Its templates not themes, My mistake.
Yes, Thank you Devilson, Thanks so much, Works a treat, Ill still keep the copyright, But i can also add things to the footer and yet take the "DO NOT REMOVE" out Thanks
It is illegal if you don't have the authors permission, So please make sure you do before you remove it.
I do. If you want a screenshot of the Pm, let me know,
(2010-01-13, 06:20 PM)Devilson Wrote: [ -> ]It is illegal if you don't have the authors permission, So please make sure you do before you remove it.

Incorrect it depends on the license you use Wink.