MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: same ip address in who's online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
need help, why everyone got the same ip address in who's online
http://www.nimitguitar.com/mybb/online.php
As guests/members, we can't see IP addresses...so you giving a link doesn't help.

What plugins do you have installed?
(2010-01-14, 01:57 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]As guests/members, we can't see IP addresses...so you giving a link doesn't help.

What plugins do you have installed?

no plugins installed
sorry I turn off the who's online , but turn on now you may see now as a member.
Thanks
Can you provide an admin account?
What is the ip address being shown?
People from the same ISP, or using the same proxy, will show the same IP address.
(2010-01-14, 03:23 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]People from the same ISP...

Only if that ISP treats their customers as a LAN and does not give them a public IP

My former dialup account was that way.
(2010-01-14, 02:49 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]What is the ip address being shown?

it is IP: 122.155.0.179

thanks for every suggestion, I think it 's hosting problem, maybe changing host will solve this problem.
The IP address is for: Thailand Bangkok Cat Telecom Data Comm. Dept Idc Office if that helps any.
Sounds like a spammer with multiple accounts to me, being from there... OR its one of those situations where that ISP KuJoe mentioned is using the method I spoke of, treating their users as a LAN and thus all users share a single public IP.
Pages: 1 2