MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable Calendar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many forums do not have a calendar, therefore, I think there should be an option in the config section to disable the calendar. I know group permissions can be changed, but you still have to remove the link from the header anyways. This option would completely hide the calendar. Thanks
I disagree. two of the mainstream bulletin boards, Invision Power Board and VBulletin both have a calendar function.
I was not saying the board should not have it, just that there should be an option to disable it.
cpellizzi Wrote:I was not saying the board should not have it, just that there should be an option to disable it.

I fully agree. I know that there is an option to not allowing people accessing this feature, but it would be nice as you said, completely disabling it.

EB
This has been implemented into the next version. We are also considering other pages to have an option to be enabled/disabled entirely, such as the memberlist page, and PMs)
Very nice. Sounds good. Smile I think making things like this an option is what will put you above other forums in the future.
Just to add another thought, if we're going through the trouble of adding a Disable Calendar, how about adding the ability to set permissions to the Calendar as well.

I have a client who uses myBB and loves it, however, they only want their Registered Users to view the Calendar.

Currently, the GP can view the calendar and add public events while Registered Users can view and add as well.

TIA!
cybersensei Wrote:Just to add another thought, if we're going through the trouble of adding a Disable Calendar, how about adding the ability to set permissions to the Calendar as well.

I have a client who uses myBB and loves it, however, they only want their Registered Users to view the Calendar.

Currently, the GP can view the calendar and add public events while Registered Users can view and add as well.

TIA!

I split that idea into its own thread so that it can be discussed by itself
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=8968