MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ProPortal: A More Functional Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
As most of you have noticed that MyBB is missing a more functional and configurable portal. There's so much demand about this issue and as a result I started to develop something to respond to demand. I almost completed the project but there's still some work to do.

These are the basic features of the portal so far:
  • Configurable portal columns
  • Ability to add multiple blocks to each side(left, center, right)
  • Ability to add block files or just custom content
  • Ability to set permission which usergroup will have right to see each block
  • Ability to add custom pages to portal
  • Configurable sidebox width
  • Configurable horizontal and vertical space between blocks or columns

I'm sure this list can be expanded with future additions to the project but current condition of the project is also good IMO.

Here's some screenshot from the project:
[attachment=16992]
[attachment=16990]
[attachment=16993]
[attachment=16991]
[attachment=16994]
[Image: testforums1263498626513.th.png]

This project will be completely free as long as nothing major will be added like custom module feature. As you also know, it's really hard to keep up this project alone so that any help is really appreciated. Once I completed installation system, I'll need beta testers to test the project before release it to plublic. Anyone who has intention to help me on this project can contact me via p.m. and it's really appreciated.
O: amazing

i love your portal
Wow, looks very good!
This will be a very powerfull plugin!

You Page Management looks a little bit like my 'Page Manager' Plugin, isn't it? Wink Does it add the header/footer automatically, so the user must only add the main content?
(2010-01-14, 08:19 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, looks very good!
This will be a very powerfull plugin!

You Page Management looks a little bit like my 'Page Manager' Plugin, isn't it? Wink Does it add the header/footer automatically, so the user must only add the main content?

ThanksSmile
It only looks like because I completed this part before you release your plugin.
And yes, page is included to center column so no need to add additional code for header and so on.
OMG Amazing Honestly I have been looking for something just like this for the longest time ever! The calender, top poster, and birthday modules rock!

Anyway I'd love to beta test this for you if you ever need it.

Keep up the great work!
This will be a very widely used mod. Great work DragonFever Smile
Now that's what I'm talking about!
Just a couple questions...
1. When you create pages, is there a setting to choose which pages to display (more than one at a time)
2. Can custom pages be ordered (your own custom order)
3. The UserCP block...I assume if you are not logged in, it just shows the login form?

This looks similar to SMF's Simple Portal...something that MyBB has been lacking dispite the high demand for it.
So glad to see someone actually take on this sort of thing.
Hat's off to you!!!
(2010-01-14, 09:20 PM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]Just a couple questions...
1. When you create pages, is there a setting to choose which pages to display (more than one at a time)
2. Can custom pages be ordered (your own custom order)
3. The UserCP block...I assume if you are not logged in, it just shows the login form?

1. I guess you want to display multiple pages at once. Am I right? There's not an option like that so far. But that doesn't mean there won't beSmile
2. I assume that this one is connected with first question and I'm saying that this could be done either.
3. Yes, It displays the login form when you're not logged in.

Thank to all of you for feedbacksSmile
Yes on 1 and 2.
those aren't necessary, just curious is all. Smile
My God!
This will the most useful and powerful plugin!
This will make the portal more professional and customizable.
Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6