MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is MyBB for me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, I need few pointers from more experienced users of MyBB.

I already have a forum built with phpbb seo premodded 3.0.6. Forum is just started, but I already got annoyed with some features, so decided to take a look at another solution before forum (hopefully) grows.

I can't say I'm php programmer, but I'm quite familiar with php code and mysql. Basically, I would like my forum to have following features without much trouble:
  1. Search engine friendly URLs
  2. Keyword linking tool - basically for linking terms with affiliate links
  3. Ability to embed HTML in posts
  4. Ability to embed PHP in posts

Thanks in advance,
djordje
(2010-01-14, 08:05 PM)djordje Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, I need few pointers from more experienced users of MyBB.

I already have a forum built with phpbb seo premodded 3.0.6. Forum is just started, but I already got annoyed with some features, so decided to take a look at another solution before forum (hopefully) grows.

I can't say I'm php programmer, but I'm quite familiar with php code and mysql. Basically, I would like my forum to have following features without much trouble:
  1. Search engine friendly URLs
  2. Keyword linking tool - basically for linking terms with affiliate links
  3. Ability to embed HTML in posts
  4. Ability to embed PHP in posts

Thanks in advance,
djordje
1) Can be added in settings and by plugin
2) I cannot answer that one
3) Unsure but I think so.
4) Yes there is a button that anyone can click when posting Big Grin

1. Search engine friendly URLs - They are like the ones you see here
  2. Keyword linking tool - basically for linking terms with affiliate links - You might be able to hack this in as a MyCode replacement, or else you'd need a plugin
  3. Ability to embed HTML in posts - Yes, if you mean showing it as a code block
    <html>Like this...</html>
    . MyBB by default escapes all HTML for security reasons, but you can disable this per forum

4. Ability to embed PHP in posts - You can show it as a code block like this:
    <?php $myPHP='code';?>
    , but for security reasons MyBB will not evaluate PHP code (so you can't insert PHP in your post and have it run for example)

thanks guys, I think I'm going to give MyBB a try Wink
You can also get a plugin that only lets the admin put html in posts.

You will find that in here.
http://mods.mybboard.net/mods