MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paypal safe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I want to know if paypal is realy safe as there is many people that have had bad ti es with them but there is also many people with out issues so I am not sure if it's worth using them or not. So has any one here had issues with them and is it werth it
I use PayPal for everything. It's universal and safer than other Payment Systems imo. I've used it for years without any problems. It's great.
Okay as I want to add paypal as a payment method on my site I am openning and after Reading a number of bad thing where paypal locked peoples accounts when someone dispute a payment and stuff makes me unsure if it would be werth the time if something like that happens
If there are a large number of disputes to your account they will close it yes.

You can fight disputes though Wink.

I've seen a lot of bad comments like the ones you mentioned but well I've also used it for years without any issues. Not to mention the millions of people and thousands of companies that use it as well.
Okay also when adding a bank account would it be best for me to open anther account at my bank just for paypal or just use my main account
It's up to you honestly. Do want to keep them separate? I personally just used my main one.
In my opinion PayPal is the easiest and safest option, in most cases they will reverse transactions if you are scammed and raise a dispute and even insure you most eBay transactions. The problem is though that they have to stick by the rules in order to maintain their reputation so if your using it for even slightly illegitimate purposes you will probably have a hard time with them.
I use it with my main account, but it's totally up to you.
It's the most widely used online payment method next to credit cards as far as I know. I use it and so far there have been no issues. I too use it with my main bank account.
Paypal is safer that talking to a person over the phone. I always use paypal
Pages: 1 2