MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing 1.4.11 - White Page DB after configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

when running the install script for the German MyBB version, which I don't think makes a difference regarding my problem, I'm getting a blank and white page coming up after configuring the database.
I checked the correct input of db-name, db-host, db-user and db-password.
Tried several times.

Created a brand new MySQL 4.0 database. Both, MyBB and database table encoding UTF-8 Unicode. Database type set to MySQL.
When checking the database I don't find tables being created.

The whole site is on a 1&1 host, which sometimes gives me trouble when installing things. However I do have another MyBB up and running on 1&1 and that's fine.

Link: http://www.sichgutversichern.de/info/

Does anybody has an idea for me where to look at?

Cheers
Henning
(2010-01-14, 10:16 PM)Henning Wiekhorst Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

when running the install script for the German MyBB version, which I don't think makes a difference regarding my problem, I'm getting a blank and white page coming up after configuring the database.
I checked the correct input of db-name, db-host, db-user and db-password.
Tried several times.

Created a brand new MySQL 4.0 database. Both, MyBB and database table encoding UTF-8 Unicode. Database type set to MySQL.
When checking the database I don't find tables being created.

The whole site is on a 1&1 host, which sometimes gives me trouble when installing things. However I do have another MyBB up and running on 1&1 and that's fine.

Link: http://www.sichgutversichern.de/info/

Does anybody has an idea for me where to look at?

Cheers
Henning

Right now I am getting the error code (40) here is some details
Error Type: MyBB Error (40)
Error Message: Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
Information: This occurs when the file ./inc/config.php is incorrectly configured. If you have not already installed your forum, you need to go to ./install/index.php and run through the installation process, including entering your database details. If you have already installed your forum, and you have data in your database, then you will need to open ./inc/config.php, use this sample Inc/config.php text, and edit in your database information.

(the dot(.) means your domain so if its yourforum.com, you need to add /install/index.php to the end so it is yourforum.com/install/index.php
Is MySQL 4.0 really the best they can offer you??
Hi Ccalby,

thanks for your reply ...

... you need to go to ./install/index.php and run through the installation process, including entering your database details

That's is exactly what I did. It's a fresh install and at the point when I have entered my database details and click to proceed so that the database tables are created the screen turns white and empty. I had this before on a different website, which I also have hosted 1&1. But at that time I had different encodings at MyBB and the database.

Now this seems not to be the problem with this one now.

Regarding the MySQL version and since I did install several MyBB's already, quite some time ago I experienced to be on a save side for functionality when not using the latest MySQL version.

However, I will try with a fresh MySQL 5 database and come back.

Henning
Problem solved with MySQL 5 instead of MySQL 4.

Thanks for your support guys.

Henning