MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: REQ: Post Templates for Moderators ^
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Say I want a template for my moderators and administrators for when they lock a thread.

Quote:Hey {Username},
I've locked your thread here, we do not accept spam on our forums, please re-read the rules.

Quote:Dear {Username(s)},

You have breached our rules or terms of service, re-read them here.

It's a modification from phpbb, but I wanted to stay with mybb because the admin cp is better.
Create a Moderator Tool under configurations in the ACP.
No. If I wanted to do that, I would clearly do that!

I need a plugin with a drop down list of templates for mods and admin >_>
Just wondering, is there any particular reason why locking + editing the first post with the message would not suffice? I'm assuming you wish all the posts in the thread to be hidden as well, though I find this often to be counter-productive as a closed thread can serve as a guideline for other users what may be considered unacceptable on a forum.
The post templates would serve many-a purpose, the lockings were just an example.
Why not just make a post in the staff section? Would be easier.
(2010-01-14, 11:02 PM)Skiilz Wrote: [ -> ]Create a Moderator Tool under configurations in the ACP.

For what you posted in the first post, you can easily create a Moderator Tool to do this. When you say the lockings were just an example, what else did you have in mind?
You guys aren't on the same wavelength.

I gave the locking as an example.

We're trying to make our moderating as easy as possible - by doing this we would like posting templates available on the posting page where you can select the template needed under the circumstances (E.g. Ban / Warning / Reason for deletion / Moving) - The template can be customised by the moderator or admin when selected as it will paste the template into the post.

In the Admin CP, Admin can add new posting templates.
LOL???
You can do the templates for moving, banned, warning.............using the Moderator Tool... Just create as many templates you need, them the mod just go there and select the template and MyBB Moderator Tool will do the rest.
If the admin need to do any changes he just edit the post/thread that the Moderator Tool made.

Why can't you use this?
Why make a plugin for one feature that MyBB have as CORE?
You guys don't understand what he wants I think. I believe he is asking for a plugin like the canned replies in vBulletin. I am busy, but if I have time I will create one.
Pages: 1 2