MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to use and set up mybb for smtp.gmail.com s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear forum members!

Can anyone help me with setting up mybb forum for using smtp.gmail.com email account for mailing service in forum?
The matter is phpmail (sendmail) is not enbled in my hosting. There for I need to use my gmail.com email address.

Please, let me know if anyone of you knows such info.

AdminCP --> Settings --> Mail Settings --> Change Mail Handler to SMTP.
(2010-01-15, 01:45 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCP --> Settings --> Mail Settings --> Change Mail Handler to SMTP.

Thank you for your response, I know that I should follow these steps, but I do not know what parameters I need to use, for example, port of smtp.gmail.com and tsl or ssl.

Thanks.
Quote:Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com

Logon Information

User Name: Enter your Gmail username (including @gmail.com). Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format username@your_domain.com

Password: Enter your email password.

Sourced from http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answe...swer=86374
Thank you for your response.
You see, I have no possibility to use outlook or such kind of mail clients.

If possible, let me know how to set up my mybb forum to my gmil.com account.
Thanks.
(2010-01-19, 01:57 PM)love-planet Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your response.
You see, I have no possibility to use outlook or such kind of mail clients.

If possible, let me know how to set up my mybb forum to my gmil.com account.
Thanks.

Umm.......what? He just did explain how to do it on the forums.
one problem i have encountered was..the number of mails sent via gmail account using smtp..are not getting delivered....
coz they gave an error in my inbox that mail wasnt delivered..as gmail recognises it as spam!!!!!!!
mail is sent only some members and rest are errored
help needed
I believe that those errors you are receiving whether they are temporary or permanent errors, it most likely means that the user's email has been deleted or deactivated.