MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with deleting threads ? (HELP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all
i have a problem with users and threads
so i disable

Editing/Deleting Options
Can delete own posts?
Can delete own threads?

i have unchecked these two options but still users can delete their own thread and post.

Where is the problem to this ?

Can anyone help me ?
Thanks
Regards.
Where are you editing this?? Usergroup permissions or forum permissions??

Also moved to general support, this isn't about the Merge System.
(2010-01-15, 12:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Where are you editing this?? Usergroup permissions or forum permissions??

Also moved to general support, this isn't about the Merge System.

Sorry for created in wrong thread.

im editing to User Groups - Forums and Posts??
Check to see if the member(s) in question are in more than one group. If they are in two groups where one allows deletion of posts and another doesn't, they will be able to delete their posts. Forum Permissions also overide user permissions. Make sure that you go under forums and settings and change the permissions so they can't delete their own threads and posts.

edit:No problem
(2010-01-15, 02:34 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Check to see if the member(s) in question are in more than one group. If they are in two groups where one allows deletion of posts and another doesn't, they will be able to delete their posts. Forum Permissions also overide user permissions. Make sure that you go under forums and settings and change the permissions so they can't delete their own threads and posts.

Correct answer !
Thanks Wink