MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error on adding a reply to thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i get a error on the datahandler on line 36 it is saying not found

can someone check into this and see what i need to do to fix it

i can show a copy of what it says if needed

Fatal error: Class 'DataHandler' not found in /public_html/chainsawpartslists.com/forum/inc/datahandlers/post.php on line 36
may be your post.php file is spoiled try to reuplaod post.php file
where do i find that file ?
i found the file in the server but is there a edit problem ?
is there a certain code i need to change ?
The file with the problem will be ./inc/datahandler.php, make sure this is uploaded properly; if it's already there make sure it does not have a file size of 0kb.
i checked it and it shows up on filezilla but when i go to the forum itself to put in a reply it shows that error up

is there a way you can check this to see if there is something missing also if someone can help with the color option on the edit reply report pm find new thread buttons where to change the color at for them will be helpful
(2010-01-15, 12:42 PM)KILL_ME Wrote: [ -> ]may be your post.php file is spoiled try to reuplaod post.php file

i tryed reloading from a fresh copy and it still gives that error in both firefox and ie

everything works till i go to click on the post reply

button
You need new images to change those buttons, please make a separate thread if you need more help with that.

As for the first problem, when you view the file in FTP, what's the file size of it, and what is it CHMOD to??
Just re-upload all the files that have that error. If you use Firefox it CHMOD's them all to what MyBB like's for you.
It's not those files that have the error though, they're trying to find a class in ./inc/datahandler.php but it can't find it, hence the error, it's an issue with the file that actually contains the class that can't be found, ./inc/datahandlers.php
(2010-01-15, 03:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You need new images to change those buttons, please make a separate thread if you need more help with that.

As for the first problem, when you view the file in FTP, what's the file size of it, and what is it CHMOD to??

its set at 755 the file size to the post.php is 43,797 index.html in that folder is 67 event.php is 14,475 pm.php is 17,594 user.php is 35,195
Wrong place, it's the file ./inc/datahandler.php, not the folder ./inc/datahandlers/
Pages: 1 2