MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Turned out to be a incorrectly chmodded plugin giving me the urge to give up on mybb -""Im giving up MyBB now".
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am now really peed off with MyBB forums in ALL aspects and have just gone on a ****ing rampage being so peed off. I aint using this again unless something gets changed. PHPBB here we come.

For a start no plugins will appear correctly
Directorys dissappear
NOTHING IS WORKING
EVERYTHING HAS JUST GONE WRONG ON ALL 3 WEBSITES SadSadSadSadSadSad
You have to work hard, or there is no point in creating a forum, you should not give up on mybb, ive been using it for a little while now and with some effort you can achieve what you want.
I have installed and redone mybb over 10 times on one website! It just never works for me now. It used to be fine.
Do you want me to have a go.
Would you maybe like to explain how directories 'disappearing' is anything to do with us at all?? You make it sound like we write code to randomly delete stuff. And again, is it our fault if a plugin, written by somebody totally unrelated to the MyBB group and developers, doesn't work?? We didn't write the plugin, what do you propose we do to fix it?? Rewrite every plugin ever made so we know they all work??

If you want to move to phpBB, go ahead, but it is not fair to blame us for issues that are nothing we can do anything about, as they are not being caused by us. Maybe if you explain these errors a bit clearer, we'll be able to actually do something about them.
Mine works 100% perfect.

If it did go wrong, I would sit down and figure it out rather then throw my toys out of the pram. Thousands of people use Mybb with very little errors. What makes you think it's not something you're doing wrong?
Have you checked to make sure it isn't hosting issues? Maybe your host has something disabled that are causing these errors? (whatever they are!)
Ill check the host, clear cache, clear cookies, edit the chmod rights a bit and make sure there is no plugins before my next reply.
Make sure to make backups is my suggestion. You can always install a fresh board, then upload the backup.
That wouldn't make much difference as you'd end up being on the exact same database as what you started with.
Pages: 1 2