MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i upgrade MyBB 1.4.11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I downloaded it to zip file, but i don't know how to get it out of there and upgrade my forum. Could someone help me please?
What are you upgrading from??
I'll just go and check and i'll bring my forum url
This is what it says when i go into admin cp: You are currently running MyBB 1.4.4 whilst the latest generally available release is MyBB 1.4.11 (1411).
This is my forum url: http://www.worldmysteriesandtrueghosttal.../index.php
:| You've been running this for over a year, you know you'e got hundreds of fixed bugs and you've been vulnerable to some serious security issues for months...

Extract the full 1.4.11 package to your desktop or something, then open FTP and upload the entire contents of the Upload folder so they overwrite your current files. Then, make sure you have a database backup, and go to yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and choose 1.4.4 from the list. Then go through all the upgrade announcements and make sure any templates that you need to revert to default get reverted to default.
First disable all of your plugins and go to ACP>Board settings>Board on/off and set your board to off.

If you are upgrading from 1.4.10, click here. Upload these files with your FTP client using overwrite if newer.

If you are upgrading from an earlear version, click here. Upload all of the files with overwrite if newer, then go to http://www.yoursite.com/install/upgrade (there might be a .php after upgrade, like upgrade.php, I am not sure) and folow the steps.

Good luck!

Edit: Damn it Matt, you beat me to it! Toungue
Ahh thanks for this i didn't expect replies so quick!!!

Whats an FTP client, i've never upgraded a forum before. I backed it up about an hour ago and i saved it to my desktop too. The zip file upgrade is on my desktop, do i click on that?
I just clicked on that Tierney below, where i put 'THIS ONE' and a box came up and i clicked on open, should i have clicked on save and then save to desktop?
Sorry for all the questions, i'm not up on tech stuff for computers, very new to the tech side, so i dont understand the terms

(2010-01-16, 04:26 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]First disable all of your plugins and go to ACP>Board settings>Board on/off and set your board to off.

If you are upgrading from 1.4.10, click here. Upload these files with your FTP client using overwrite if newer.

THIS ONE If you are upgrading from an earlear version, click here. Upload all of the files with overwrite if newer, then go to http://www.yoursite.com/install/upgrade (there might be a .php after upgrade, like upgrade.php, I am not sure) and folow the steps.

Good luck!

Edit: Damn it Matt, you beat me to it! Toungue
If it's an upgrade this big and you've not used FTP before it'd probably be better if I did this upgrade for you, we can show you how to use FTP after, we just need to get you upgraded right now. If you can get your FTP login details from your host and PM them to me along with your forum admin login details, I'll get you upgraded.
That would be great if you could help me like that, coz i just daren't do it, i know i'll watermelon it up. The url to the forum is above in one of my last posts. Ill pm you my password and id. You say yoou need FTP login too, not sure what that is? Thanks so much!!!

(2010-01-16, 05:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If it's an upgrade this big and you've not used FTP before it'd probably be better if I did this upgrade for you, we can show you how to use FTP after, we just need to get you upgraded right now. If you can get your FTP login details from your host and PM them to me along with your forum admin login details, I'll get you upgraded.
Your host should be able to give it to you, or if you can PM me login details to access your host control panel, I might be able to find them.
Well the domain name should be the FTP host and you'll just need the username and password.
Pages: 1 2