MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search Engine Frendly URLs problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I enable Search Engine Frendly URLs, and I go to a post or board, I get send to my wehost's error page. Any ideas as to what is wrong?
Did you rename your htaccess.txt file to .htaccess first like the instructions say??
Oh...no Toungue But I think it is already like that?
It's not like that to start with, you have to manually rename it.
I'm having this same problem and I've renamed the htaccess file. I have it in the root of my forum but does it need to be in the root of the server?
I'm having the same problem too and what's strange is that .htaccess works on my server, I have a Wordpress blog which uses friendly links and it works like a charm.
Are the SEF enabled or set to automatic?? Try turning them off, saving, and turning them on again.
(2010-01-18, 08:13 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are the SEF enabled or set to automatic?? Try turning them off, saving, and turning them on again.

Didn't work for me.
Does your host support mod_rewrite?? You do have the . at the start of .htaccess, yeah??
(2010-01-18, 04:12 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Does your host support mod_rewrite?? You do have the . at the start of .htaccess, yeah??

Yes it supports mod_rewrite and I have the . at the start.
I fixed this problem by using the Google SEO plugin AND the htaccess example that comes with it.
Pages: 1 2