MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Meta keywords question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a quick question about meta keywords... If I wanted to use two words, such as cat and cats, would I have to put both of them in the meta tag, or could I simply put cat and s?
I think you will have to do Cat, Cats. Not just cat, s, never tried it though to test it.
Google doesn't use meta keywords these days, and as that's the search engine most people use, I wouldn't bother using any.
Might aswell catch Bing and Yahoo also though right? I would after what Bing just did.
(2010-01-16, 05:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Google doesn't use meta keywords these days, and as that's the search engine most people use, I wouldn't bother using any.

I would still recommend using meta keywords, they don't take long and they can make a difference. Meta keywords are still good practices for SEO on your site, though google is the top dog, traffic is traffic and there are lots of other uses for the meta keywords, So I would still use them.

The better choice would be; cat, cats.
(2010-01-16, 05:34 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Might aswell catch Bing and Yahoo also though right? I would after what Bing just did.

What did Bing just do?

(2010-01-16, 05:34 PM)Alicksis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-16, 05:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Google doesn't use meta keywords these days, and as that's the search engine most people use, I wouldn't bother using any.

I would still recommend using meta keywords, they don't take long and they can make a difference. Meta keywords are still good practices for SEO on your site, though google is the top dog, traffic is traffic and there are lots of other uses for the meta keywords, So I would still use them.

The better choice would be; cat, cats.

Okay then. Thanks!
Meta keywords are a relict from a time when search engines ran off a single server and did not have enough storage space and no efficient algorithms for full text indexing. I doubt that Yahoo / Bing still look at them, especially considering how many sites just spam an endless list of words into this tag.
Ya, keywords should be dead on just about every major search engine. Which is nice for dynamic sites as well then you don't have to enter keywords for every page you add.
yes meta keywords are not really that helpful in todays seo tricks but having said that meta description is very inportent you should be more worried about the meta description and not so much the meta keywords.

and plus you maybe start to get an bit off traffic from yahoo ect that do use meta keywords an bit more then google but then after an few weaks it will just die off as they start to see where google ranks you and base it on that an long with other things as well off course.

put your keywords in the tile as well but make sure the title makes sents. and in the content use h1 tags as well

also do you real want you really want the other sites likes yours to now what keywords you are going for ?