MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Arabic Maxthon Forum - an Arabic forum for Maxthon browser users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
www.maxthon.co.nr
(Redirects to: http://arabicmaxthon.ismywebsite.com )

This is a simple & small forum I made a while ago, it's a localized support forum for a browser called Maxthon (www.maxthon.com), I made it for the Arabic-speaking users to share their questions, suggestions and addons for the browser.

It's really nothing special but I have applied a really nice style I found from MyBB Iran recently and I really like how simple & pretty it is. I might change that red color to something else soon, as not a lot of people like the colors combination of this style.

BTW, the huge panel right on top of the forum listing is an introduction to the browser and the forum, you can hide it using the link at the end of the text. It won't stick though, I can't figure out how to make it persistent by creating a cookie using the prototype framework (that comes with MyBB as I don't want to load jquery unnecessarily too).
Very nice. A family friend was having issues with Maxthon before. (Actually this could've came in handy a month ago lol)

I suggest you do get a TLD and maybe add the Maxthon Favicon for the off/on images.
Thanks for your suggestions! I have now tweaked the portal, added off/on images and favicon for the site.

As for a TLD, it really depends on how popular it can get and the interest in it.
(2010-01-16, 10:30 PM)Mamoun Wrote: [ -> ]As for a TLD, it really depends on how popular it can get and the interest in it.

I like this quote from Brad:

(2009-08-10, 09:08 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]A man walked into an interview for a job at a bank wearing a dirty t-shirt and blue jeans covered in paint. The manager, shocked, said, "What ... why are you wearing that to this interview!?"

The man replied, "Oh, I don't want to invest in a suit unless I know I will get the job."

Start as you wish to go on. Don't wait until you get popular to get a TLD, get one now and aim high from the start. Chances are you'll get more traffic with a TLD anyway.
(2010-01-17, 01:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]....
Start as you wish to go on. Don't wait until you get popular to get a TLD, get one now and aim high from the start. Chances are you'll get more traffic with a TLD anyway.

That's true and I agree completely, but I don't really want to aim high for that forum; I have to be realistic: the userbase of Maxthon is pretty small and that of Arabic-speaking users is even smaller. For a student like me it's not easy to invest money on a forum that's only meant to be a small and complementary to the official one.

Thanks for your reply though. Smile