MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto Log Out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I log in as admin, after a while it automatically log out - perhaps there is a countdown timer doing this logging out? How can I increase the time to log out so that the log in will last longer?
Please help, thanks.
Check this thread, see if it solves your problems.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html
When you get logged out, do you get any message above the login boxes?
(2010-01-17, 04:50 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]When you get logged out, do you get any message above the login boxes?

Yes, it says: Your administration session has expired. Please enter your username and password to continue.
Do you mean it logs you out of the admin panel after about an hour or so?
(2010-01-17, 07:26 PM)Schmarvin Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean it logs you out of the admin panel after about an hour or so?

It log out after a period of inactivity, perhaps about an hour or so.
That's normal. The answers above were to if it didn't keep you logged in at all. I'm not sure if you can adjust the timeout settings in the admin panel. Might be able to find it in one of the settings files.
Yes, for security reasons, your Admin CP session times out after a while.
How the timeout settings can be adjusted?
It's not recommended to change something done for security. An hour of no activity is quite a lot, if it's longer someone could just walk up to your computer when you've been away for more than an hour and just access the ACP instantly. All you need to do is login again, if you've been inactive for over an hour, 5 seconds logging in isn't really much...