MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

I am making a new theme and im wondering how you change the background behind the thread tables? i.e, the defaults white. I need to make it a black colour or a custom one like a picture. How please?

Thanks.
Heloo there,

umm actually this is container class, so u will have to set the background color for the container from the theme manager Smile

ciao
Thanks, so im assuming you wont be able to upload a picure for the background? Because i was going to upload a black patterned consecutive picture but it will probebly end up being just a black tone rite?

Thanks.
hey

ofcourse u can make it an image Smile

backgound: #026CB1 url(images/urimage.gif);

it will repeat it self .

how ever if there is any color effect it that image, it might make some problem !!

regards
Im assuming you will do this for the table backgrounds as well?

Thanks.
heloo there

in tables we use ROWS !! and in mybb they are trow1 and trow2.

it's the same code, except that u add at the end repeat-x.
so that the image repeat it horizontaly.

regards
Hello.

Which heading is the background under that we were discussing before?

Thanks.
I dont get what do u mean Confused ?

regards
Hello.

What i mean is that, say the thead_bg is under table headers and the t_cat is under table sub-header on the theme manager. Under which heading to you change from thw white background to a custom one?
Your THEME................ Modify etc in Admin CP.

Header: Body (Customized in this style)

Background Delete the #color from the window

Add: url(images/yourpic.jpg);

Header: Page Container (Customized in this style)

Delete what's in Extra CSS Attributes

Add:

background: url(images/yourpic.jpg);
color: #000000;
margin: auto auto;

(Don't forget you will have to have "Your" image in the Forum/Images dir.)

That should remove all of the margins etc that will go to break-up the image effect.

You could also do the same to Toplinks and the Welcome section also. Then you may have to change the TEXT colour as well.Toungue
Pages: 1 2