MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: creating New user From Bakend without email id
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello , i would like to create some userid from backend of mybb and email address field is mandatory and i want to create this user for posting purpose as i dont want to use my id while posting content , please help me tell me, how can i create userid without email address, also it is possible to group them in a temporary group , please help
just go to moocow.com, create an email (in the top left) and use it.
Create a user in the ACP and just put in a fake email address??
(2010-01-17, 01:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Create a user in the ACP and just put in a fake email address??

if i put fake email then any user having that fake email address can hijack that account by entering email address in forgot password and retrive it using the email address , like if put [email protected] then somebody having [email protected] {or one can create 1 @yahoo.com} and hijack that account
(2010-01-17, 02:22 PM)netjockey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-17, 01:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Create a user in the ACP and just put in a fake email address??

if i put fake email then any user having that fake email address can hijack that account by entering email address in forgot password and retrive it using the email address , like if put [email protected] then somebody having [email protected] {or one can create 1 @yahoo.com} and hijack that account

Could you not write anything in, then just go into phpMyAdmin and delete the email address entry? Or does this not work, I wouldnt recommend it though, personally I'd just create a new email.
(2010-01-17, 02:28 PM)Alicksis Wrote: [ -> ]

Could you not write anything in, then just go into phpMyAdmin and delete the email address entry? Or does this not work, I wouldnt recommend it though, personally I'd just create a new email.

i dont think that is a better idea , becoz creating email would provide extra burden on me , please anybody have any idea
(2010-01-17, 12:10 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]just go to moocow.com, create an email (in the top left) and use it.

have you seen the moocows registration form , i will die filling all the time
You can use an e-mail address with @example.net / @example.com / @example.org
These domains are created for testing / documentation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Example.com

This would be fine:

(2010-01-17, 05:09 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]Put in [email protected]?

It would be allowed as the format is perfectly correct, it just wouldn't be used for anything.
THanks Guys for your Help , You Guys are Greats thanks one Again