MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New post indicator not going away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have 10 forums for my students. One forum has 4 threads/topics in it. I have read through each of these threads and each thread icon notes that it's been read. however, when i head back to the main page i see the indicator showing that i have unread posts to read. i can click on the indicator saying to mark the forum as read and it goes away. but if it hit refresh or reload then it's back. over and over. but it appears to only happen on my main discussion forum that all students can see and not in the individual class forums. any thoughts?

MyBB Version 1.4.11
URL?? Test account?? There are known issues with this, you're probably just experiencing those, but sometimes your browser just caches the images.
(2010-01-18, 08:21 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]URL?? Test account?? There are known issues with this, you're probably just experiencing those, but sometimes your browser just caches the images.

thanks. i notice it's happening on other forums as well now that i've fiddled. i can't provide a link because it's a forum for my class discussions and i don't have registration open, nor do i have any forums publicly viewable. but, it's a new install in early January with the latest release and only a few plugins:

Auto Media
Admin Post Edit

and i am running the default theme. i know it's not my cache as i've cleared that many times and cleared all private data, etc. but the new posts indicator remains.

if it's an issue then hopefully the 1.6 will solve it, but i won't upgrade during the middle of a semester so i'll check back in early May.