MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows Installation Issue - config.php not writeable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i just copied the installation files to my windows 2003 server (c:\inetpup\wwwroot\forum), installed php 5.3.1 and mySQL 5.1.42. The "/forum/install/" page is available but the requirements check is failing:

<php version: 5.3.1
<supported db extenions: mysql improved, mysql, postgresql, sqlite 3
<supported translation extensions: multi-byte, inconv
<php xml extensions: installed
<configuration file writeable: not writeable
<....

and all other files are also not writeable.

The "read-only" option is unchecked.

Anyone knows a possible reason?

Sry, im a noob with this such of stuff.

Best Regarsd

MG
Did you CHMOD the files??
Follow this on how to install MyBB: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Installing
And this to CHMOD files: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/CHMOD_Files
ehm, im using WINDOWS...so no CHMOD! o_O or im wrong? anyway, for temp i gave "everyone" write rights, but seems like it has nothing to do with that.
Yeah I didn't think Windows understood CHMODs and it'd just sort itself out, I'll see if a developer knows what to check.
It could quite possibly be the actual ./inc/ directory itself, rather than the config file. I know Server 2007 throws a bit of fit when I mess with user permissions...

A method that works for me is to manually create the file (just make a blank php file falled config.php). For some odd reason, anyway.
Thanks Tomm, i tried to create the config.php by myself...but i still got the same problem.
That's strange, it works for me.

The ./inc/ directory is writable for everyone, yes? You're not using a read-only server are you?
yes, everyone got write rights. Read-only server? The files themself got no read-only flag, but the folder got a greyed out read-only flag. But i think this is an default attribute setting on NTFS drives.

I think its related to IIS.

I just moved the installation files from C:\ to D:\ and changed the homedirectory from the default web site to it. Now cache, file upload and avatar upload folders are writeable, setting and config file still not.

Update: Ok, i made it. I also added modify rights for "everyone" to the folder on drive d:\, and everything is writeable now. Hm, still a bit strange, but hopefully i can continue now with installation. Smile
WONDERFUL! its working.

just getting everywhere this:

Warning [2] date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Paris' for '1.0/no DST' instead - Line: 520 - File: D:\www\Forum\admin\modules\tools\system_health.php PHP 5.3.1 (WINNT)
(2010-01-19, 10:04 AM)Grobiii Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, i made it. I also added modify rights for "everyone" to the folder on drive d:\, and everything is writeable now. Hm, still a bit strange, but hopefully i can continue now with installation.

That's what I mean by read-only server. Shy

If one part of the structure is not writeable, Server 2003 might not like it - but glad you got it sorted though.

That error can be resolved by setting the right date.timezone setting in php.ini.
thanks again, just changed it and its gone. Smile

ty all.