MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I purchased a hosting plan...now what?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I went ahead and purchased a hosting plan and domain name through HostGator. Once my account with them in set up, what's my next step? I have downloaded the MyBB software to my computer, but I've having a hard time uploading it. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks! Big Grin
(2010-01-18, 06:15 PM)Stephanie_36 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone,

I went ahead and purchased a hosting plan and domain name through HostGator. Once my account with them in set up, what's my next step? I have downloaded the MyBB software to my computer, but I've having a hard time uploading it. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks! Big Grin

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upload_Files

That will tell you everything
use file manager in your hostgator cPanel (www.yourdomain.com/cpanel) to upload the .zip file
select the .zip file and click extract... rename ""Upload" to a folder name (IE: forum) go to www.yourdomain.com/your mybb folder/install go through that installation... if you still need help make a new ftp account that only has access to your forum directory and PM m the ftp info and i will install for you (for free)

Thanks,
Charley West
- Host Me Inc.
- Free Web Hosting