MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: activiation mail - random password - instant activition all not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As someone said, did you check with your host to see if they allow the php mail() function?
Create the following in a text file on your server and view it in your browser
var_dump(ini_get('sendmail_from'));
var_dump(ini_get('sendmail_path'));
shuld i save the code with php extension? an run on my host?

farhad Wrote:shuld i save the code with php extension? an run on my host?
any help?
YEs

a php file with

<?php
?>

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:YEs

a php file with

<?php
?>

regards
tanks zaher
i run it and got this response: bool(false) string(24) "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i"
what then?
This means u can send mails!!

regards
but mybb says mail sent but nothing is sent actualy, not in bulk folder nothing !
Can you please create a new PHP file with the following content:
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);

$to = '[email protected]';

if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.'))
{
     echo 'Mail was sent by PHP';
}
else
{
     echo 'PHP could not send the mail';
}
?>
Replace [email protected] with your own email address, upload the file to your webspace and open it with your browser. Do you get a mail after that?
i test it and got this on my browser Mail was sent by PHP
but no mail recieved in my box
any help , i realy need to be done
all my members complianing not recieving subscription notificationand new pm notification my mail ........
realy horrible situation for me
Heloo there

Maybe your hosting company is filtiring the outgoing mails! so check out with them.
also, you have to make some inverstigations, make sure that 100% of all the email didn't reach their target, ask different users, test on different emails!! i'm afraid they are considered as spam

regards
can i place my mail in admin cp as outgoining mail adress or regular mail?
eg. i have [email protected] as my outgoing and [email protected] as regular mail , i tried both nothing , no mail in my box
Pages: 1 2 3