MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help w/ (Javascript) animations!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, can someone teach me how to animate different css/html elements?

Example: http://mybbsource.com < Look at the lower menu bar, when you click something it animates smoothly (kinda), thats what I want to acheive!
Every themer in the community seems to hate those kind of things.... at least that's what others said last time.
I like them they make the theme look so much better!
(2010-01-19, 02:04 AM)Skyance Wrote: [ -> ]I like them they make the theme look so much better!

They reduce usability because they distract the user from their task because the human eye is attracted to movement. They're only good for drop-down menus when you want the user to notice the movement.
I agree with you there. I hate them how you have to wait ages for the hover to see if you have hovered over the link so you can click it.
Ok then... So can you teach me how to do it for drop down menus?
jquery, ever heard of it? Try searching for "jquery dropdown"
(BTW computergeek, thanks for the info!)
That's very distracting imho. Use with caution imho.

To learn about javascript imho start at Dynamic Drive. They have a ton of libraries you can use.
Hold on I have to make this a bit priticular, You see, Im currently in the middle of a theme design and I have a 20 px bar on the side and when I click it I want it to animate and open the welcome block...