MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [ask] Is MyBB CPU Consuming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My website is just suspended. And when I'm asking the support

Quote:Hello,

Your account was using 41% of the cpu and our servers runs on dual xeons with 16GB of ram each.

Regards,

John Kasai

And ALL I host in that hosting is just a MyBB script. Nothing else. And 78 Members,

Quote:Hello,

You need to find what's causing this load on your script or your next step is to upgrade to a vps plan.

Regards,

John Kasai

Any help guys?
I am not sure, but I am pretty sure that MyBB isn't that consuming. What mods are you running?
(2010-01-20, 01:29 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure, but I am pretty sure that MyBB isn't that consuming. What mods are you running?

I run several plugins from MyBBCentral.
My Meta Tags 2.0
Easy Refer 2.0
My Awards
Youtube MyCode
Ficons 2.0
TagCloud 2.0
My Side Boxes
Tabbed Menu

And this
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/google-seo
Do you think this one is CPU consuming?
Some of those I would imagine are CPU consuming but not so much. You will have to ask someone who is more experinced with this sort of thing.
So you're on a shared host currently?? By definition then there are other things on the server, maybe not your account, but if the upgrade is a VPS you must be on shared now, no?? Google SEO would probably be the most consuming but I can guarantee that if a forum of that size is causing that much load, no matter what plugins you have, it's either because the resources are being strained or there's a lot of other stuff on the same server as you are.
Not really but I guess you could install a folding@home plugin...
The (Standard) Mybb search function is a resource hog on a large forum.
-
But if i where you i would check the (web)servers.log and try to figure out what happened.
(2010-01-20, 04:50 PM)Nifty Wrote: [ -> ]The (Standard) Mybb search function is a resource hog on a large forum.
-

Doesn't even have to be that large. Close to 100K posts is already enough to cause small spikes in cpu.

But to answer the OP. I don't really think it's cpu consuming. I have this VPS : https://www.liquidweb.com/cart/content/vps/VPS/Plan1 with only mybb on it.

Serverload is usually between 0 and 0.30 with little spikes to 1.00 when people are searching. This is with 10-80 people online.

Iirc autobackup was causing a huge cpu spike when my database became larger when i was still on shared.
Post your debug page info for various pages (mostly index.php, forumdisplay.php and showthread.php) and see where time is being taken.
Also try disabling some plugins, or if that's not possible, install a secondary clean board and compare page generation times.
Right now there is a program going around that's a "mybb page view increaser" but really it's a DDOS attacking program. This program can be used to attack your site and would increase CPU usage quickly.

The plugins you listed would not cause any significant CPU increase.

Look to see if any of your threads have had a giant increase in views.
Pages: 1 2