MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replying to emails sent via the forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When users send emails to each other via my forum, and the recipient clicks the Reply button in their email client, the reply address is specified as the forum administrator's address and not the email address of the member who sent the original email. Therefore, if a user clicks the Reply button without noticing the reply-to email address, the response to the email goes to the forum administrator rather than the member to whom they were replying.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
(2010-01-20, 09:57 PM)ForumFan Wrote: [ -> ]When users send emails to each other via my forum, and the recipient clicks the Reply button in their email client, the reply address is specified as the forum administrator's address and not the email address of the member who sent the original email. Therefore, if a user clicks the Reply button without noticing the reply-to email address, the response to the email goes to the forum administrator rather than the member to whom they were replying.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

unless there is a Plugin out there lurking in cyberspace, you can't
Well you could manually edit the code, its around line 1764 of member.php

By the looks of the code it does send from the users email though, try setting your user email to something other than your board admin email. Don't quote me on this though, I haven't actually tested it, just looking by what the $from value is set to.