MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm so confused...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying very hard to figure out how to upload themes, plugins, etc.

I downloaded the Filezilla FTP, signed onto my host, etc, no problem. I attempted to import a theme I had downloaded the my computer, and it said file contains no importable data.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here. Why is this so difficult for me?!HuhHuhHuh
You need to upload the theme folder to your images folder and then import it, make sure you tick "ignore version compatablity".
Hmm for importing themes you can use the theme importer in the admin cp.

To do this extract the files from the theme zip file to a folder on your pc, then browse to Templates & Styles in the admin cp area, click on Import a Theme. Browse to where you extracted the theme files, there should be a .xml file in that folder select that and check the Ignore Version Compatability check box and hit import theme

Hopefully that should get your themes imported.

For plugins connect to your host using filezilla, then follow the instruction that came with the plugins. If there are no instructions the best thing to do would be to extract the files to a folder on you computer then upload the folders to the root directory, that way it will keep its structure.

Hope this helps Smile
Is anywhere aware of step by step instructions for how to do these things? I had someone help me upload and install a theme for me. I don't want to have to have someone help me everytime I want to install a theme or a plugin.

For some reason I am having a hard time understanding how to do these things, and I swear I'm really not computer illiterate! Smile

The instructions on this site seem kind of confusing for me. This is technically my first forum, so I guess it's just a learning process.