MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Special Character " turns to \ when submitted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The php.ini file overrule the default php settings only in the directory the script is executed. So if your problem is with plugins you must place one in the /inc/plugins directory. Because there is also many php scripts in the root of MyBB you also need one php.ini file there to turn off the "magic quotes". So to be on the safe side, most people create an "alias" so their "php.ini" file located in their account root directory would be called from any other directories.

But for debuging purpose i would recommend to make a copy of your "php.ini" file in your forum "root", "inc" and "plugins" directories...
I have just uploaded it to Root Only tested it , and voila it is working properly , thanks a thousand
Smile Smile Smile
(2010-01-22, 02:22 PM)netjockey Wrote: [ -> ]Hello , i am on shared hosting ,so my host say he cannot disable the magic qoutes , as other site hosted on same server required the magic quotes to be enabled

That makes no sense at all. Are you the only person on PHP 5.3 or something then?? If 5.3 is being used magic quotes will not work, so it needs to be turned off at the server, other accounts will be having the same issue.
Pages: 1 2