MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal first page that everybody sees!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

I have the nice ProPortal, but now I want that when people visit my website that the portal page the first one is. I have already edited my htacess. I did htacces.txt change to .htacces and than it works, but al my forums give an error.

Somebody who knows how to put the portal page as first page without an error at the forums.

Thanx

JvD
put in first line in htacces

DirectoryIndex /portal.php

should do the trick.

What errors are you getting?
please give details where and how you setup mybb like at yourdomain.com/forums or at forums.yourdomain.com or directly at yourdomain.com

and for htaccess it should be renamed as .htaccess , plus your webserver should support and in general confuguration of website set detection of .htaccess to automatic rather that enabling it ,

as for the portal page , in your root of yourdomain you could create index.php having redirection path to your portal.php
Check this thread Specially the 6 Post http://community.mybboard.net/thread-126...ml#pid9452
www.mydomain.com here is direct my forum.

and when I rename htaccess to .htaccess than I can't not visit any catoragories or forums.
(2010-01-22, 11:56 AM)JvD Wrote: [ -> ]www.mydomain.com here is direct my forum.

and when I rename htaccess to .htaccess than I can't not visit any catoragories or forums.

This is means that your webserver does not have .htaccess support contact you host regarding this topic
Okay that sucks!

Is there another methode maybe?