MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Got myBB installed Fine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But having problems getting the portal to work, what am I missing hereSadSad
whats wrong with it?? (answer these questions please)

1) Do you get any errors??

2) If errors what??

3) Have you set the forum you want to pull announcments from?

4) If not, do you know how??

5) If no errors, and forum set, what part are you having trouble with??
1.Yes this one

2. Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/thecrash/public_html/myBB/portal.php on line 16
$forumdir is invalid!

3.In the admin panel I've set it in the portal settings to 1

4.Think thats right not sure.

5.Confused
Can you post a link to your board?
It's just a test forum at the moment we have got a board on XMB but want to change it to myBB because we like it so much better. Smile

http://www.thecrashpalace.co.uk/myBB/index.php

Quote:1.Yes this one
Ok, in future, report everything you can Smile It helps up help you quicker.

Quote:4.Think thats right not sure.
Ok, follow these steps:

Admin CP >> Forums >> Modify/Delete >> Find you annoument forum >> hover over (dont click) the link [Edit] and down the bottom of the browser, remember the last two digets of the link.

Then go to Admin CP >> Settings >> Portal Settings >> Go >> Forum ID to pull announcements from >> Put those last two digets >> Save changes

Then go to portal. Still happening, go to next step.

Quote:2. Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/thecrash/public_html/myBB/portal.php on line 16
$forumdir is invalid!
Post in your annoucments forum, it should fix it for now. Its fixed in RC4.

If both these fail, PM me your username and password for the admin panel and Ill see what I can do (you can trust me, I have helped other in the past Smile )
No, the chdir error is not related to there being no announcements to show.

It seems that $forumdir is invalid in the top of portal.php. This allows you to run the portal from a different directory and have it locate the MyBB files. By default it is set to "./" which _should_ be the current directory.

Please open up portal.php, and check the following:

// set the path to your forums directory here (without trailing slash)
$forumdir = "./";

In your case it should still be set to ./

Regards,
Chris
Thanks for your help guys, we've tried everything you suggested but it's still not playing.

We suspect it's the path to the directory that's the problem, we have tried every combination we can think of, but we get the same error message every time.

Will send a PM k776 thanksSmile
This is interesting...

Want a cheap and nasty trick? Open up portal.php, and remove the following lines:

if(!chdir($forumdir))
{
	die("\$forumdir is invalid!");
}

Of course, then the portal will only work insideyour forums directory.
Thanks for the tip Chris we'll give it a try Wink
Pages: 1 2