MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transfering mybb to a new site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What would be the proper procedure to transfer my myBB board and the accompanying MySQL database to a new site from my old one? I know to move all the files, just I am not sure if there is anything I have to change IN the files to make sure the MySQL works on my new site, or if I have to re setup the MySQL on the new site. Help would be great! Thanks!
you need to edit 2 file ....

1) root directory>inc>setting.php
2) root directory>inc>config.php
Edit them to what?
You need to edit the settings file and make sure your domain name and cookie paths are correct and for the config file you need to put in your MySQL database information.
Alright. I already have my setting file set the domain to localhost. That works I believe. Otherwise I can handle it Thanks man!
No problem
If your domain is the same before and after, you won't need to change inc/settings.php. However if you're changing domains, then you will probably need to edit inc/settings.php to find your old URL and change them to your new URL. The indices are bburl, cookiedomain and possibly cookiepath.

Once you change inc/settings.php and can login you must change your settings in the Admin CP to match the ones you manually edited. If you don't do this next time you save your settings your old settings will be lost.