MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Activity?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Has anyone here ever made a dummy account and talked to themselves to gain activity to their forums?

If so how did it go?
Did you receive regular members during that time?

Have you ever been caught?
Nope. Never.
I did that once. I couldn't think of anything to say to myself so I got other members to post.
lol.

I just think it's a bad idea. If caught posting to yourself, you could lose activity.
Yeah, some forums could really benefit from it, but a lot of forums do fine without it.

Look at my board (in sig). No one has ever done this, and while we're not INCREDIBLY active, we are active.
(2010-01-24, 06:53 AM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: [ -> ]lol.

I just think it's a bad idea. If caught posting to yourself, you could lose activity.
Yeah, some forums could really benefit from it, but a lot of forums do fine without it.

Look at my board (in sig). No one has ever done this, and while we're not INCREDIBLY active, we are active.

How do you keep your board active?

Yeah members will probably leave the forum if they see a dummy account. The only way they will know its a dummy account is if your mod checks the IP lol.
I don't. My staff and the members themselves do.
It works if you they are team. Say it is your spouse or family, or roomate :p
Nah, they're all friends I met online.
I trust them though.
Yeah, would be nice if there was a mod that lets you have a bot to post around.
I haven't had the need but I would do and I have recommended it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4