MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing Avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do people do it how they change avatars every page? Is it an animation or what?
This is asked all the time Toungue This thread should help you out http://community.mybboard.net/thread-62777.html
I got zilch from that. What if it isn't random but 2 or 3 that it keep cycling.
You mean like Matt's where it changes every time you refresh or when it changes without refreshing? If it changed without refreshing then it's an animated gif, if it changes every time you refresh then they have set a .php image and have a php script which selects and returns a random image every time the script is called, they may only have 2 or 3 random images for the script to choose from though.
Do you have a copy of the .php? I don't know where to find one. I badly want a changing avatar.
I also have one here though it's not as easy to use as some others. It is open source so if someone wants to contribute they can (they can just post contributions on my website until I can get some proper collaboration system in place).
The one I use is attached. Just put it in a folder with the images that you want to use, and link to the .php file, and you will have a random image every time you reload the page.