MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues with upgrading from 1.4 to 1.411......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I admit it, I am a rookie! Blush, although I was able to setup 1.4. It has been over a year since I messed around with the forum. So I finally decided to upgrade to 1.411.

Although I am following the directions on the Wiki page I am still having problems. I uploaded the 'uploads' folder and changed the settings.php and config.php (not sure if configdefault.php is the same??) and I came up with this error:

http://www.asianadventures.org/forum/index.php

Obviously, I am doing something wrong, I would appreciate some help. Also, if there is anyone on here who has the patience and time to walk me through it and make sure it is done correctly, I am willing to give you my contact/ server info.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Ok by the looks of http://www.asianadventures.org/forum/ins...pgrade.php config.php was deleted, upload that again and go to that URL again and see if you can continue with the upgrade.
(2010-01-25, 03:17 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Ok by the looks of http://www.asianadventures.org/forum/ins...pgrade.php config.php was deleted, upload that again and go to that URL again and see if you can continue with the upgrade.

Thanks Tim, Just to confirm, where do I need to put config.php? I am assuming the public_html area, but which folder?
Inside the inc folder, make sure its the one from your forum before you started the upgrade which I assume you have a copy of.
(2010-01-25, 03:23 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Inside the inc folder, make sure its the one from your forum before you started the upgrade which I assume you have a copy of.

I do have a copy of it, and I made sure it was in the location you stated, still it's not working. Any other advice? Thanks
Quote:Fatal error: [SQL] [1045] Access denied for user 'norbyd'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server in /home/norbyd/public_html/forum/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 550

Fatal error: [SQL] [1045] Access denied for user 'norbyd'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
SELECT title,cache FROM datacache in /home/norbyd/public_html/forum/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 550

Ok, these errors indicate that your MySQL details are incorrect, can you ensure that the MySQL details in the config.php file are correct.
(2010-01-25, 04:06 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, these errors indicate that your MySQL details are incorrect, can you ensure that the MySQL details in the config.php file are correct.

It is the file I got from the 1.411 folder, so I am assuming it is correct??
No, your config file should be from before your upgrade. Just open your current config.php file thats upload and set these values to the correct one:

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
$config['database']['database'] = 'enterdatabasename';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'entermysqlusername';
$config['database']['password'] = 'entermysqlpassword';

Normally the hostname, table_prefix and type are the same as the settings above.
(2010-01-25, 04:15 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]No, your config file should be from before your upgrade. Just open your current config.php file thats upload and set these values to the correct one:

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';
$config['database']['database'] = 'enterdatabasename';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'entermysqlusername';
$config['database']['password'] = 'entermysqlpassword';

Normally the hostname, table_prefix and type are the same as the settings above.

Everything resembled what you stated above, except that I needed to change the mysql password. After changing it, it did not make a difference - still does not work. Any suggestions? Thanks
It is still saying that your MySQL details are incorrect, if you want to PM me your cPanel details I'll take a look, otherwise wait until Matt sees this thread and he might have some ideas.
Pages: 1 2