MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem Upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally decided to upgrade my forum to the latest mybb version. My forum is currently on 1.4.9.

So, I followed the instruction from the wiki, upload everything and run the upgrade process. Weird thing is, it says there that

Quote:Make sure you only click Next ONCE on each step of the upgrade process. Pages may take a while to load depending on the size of your forum.

But, I clicked next and nothing happened in about 2 hours waiting. Clicked again and still nothing.

Can any of you help?
Hmm...I wasted 2 hours just because I don't want to screw this upgrade.
As I found out, it was the "send statistic to mybb" that caused this problem. Once that option unticked, installation went fine.
I upgraded from the same version with that checked, it went fine. Odd, maybe we should force Matt to look into it. Maybe he'll rage some more.
I'd say that the feature to report back to MyBB possibly uses curl or another PHP module which is not enabled on your server which would be causing the problem. There should be something to catch this type of error though.