MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Classic or Horizontal postbit??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lightbulb
Horizontal ftw!
Classic without a doubt, horizontal takes up wayyy to much room which means you need to scroll heaps just to get the info you want. Plus it makes it hard to find the message bit when your eyes are quickly scanning across the page because it goes message, user details, message, user details, etc.
I like horizontal because it looks cleaner though. With a lot of stuff in the classic it looks cluttered.
Classic, but I don't have it set to that here.

I have it like that on my forums though. Or at least it should be... >_>
Depends on topic of the forum, i have about 5 mybb forums 3 classic and 2 horizontal.lol
Sometimes people are using the horizontal and really ought to use the classic. I've seen horizontal postbits 3 inches high because they've got a load of profile fields, massive avatar, award images, all kinds of stuff, and they're bigger than the post content box.
Classic!! No Doubt!
I don't want my finger scrolling too much.
Thats why, I design my own template/theme to simplifying and minimize user profile look.
as long as, still suitable for 1024x768 screen rulez Big Grin
(2010-01-25, 09:17 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes people are using the horizontal and really ought to use the classic. I've seen horizontal postbits 3 inches high because they've got a load of profile fields, massive avatar, award images, all kinds of stuff, and they're bigger than the post content box.

That's true, however for the people with a lot of fields I would personally add another column for them (like center Toungue).
Is the post bit the bit with tha avatar, name, post count ect...
Pages: 1 2 3