MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering what search engine do you think is the best.

I use Google but i was thinking of changing.
Google's results are so much better then all other engines. if you switced you would be sadly disappointed. The only person I know who doesn't use Google is someone who worked for Yahoo!.
Google by far. Thier results are so much better than everyone elses. I always find what I am looking for. My second choice would be Yahoo! though.
Dogpile ftw!
Google is good because of it's ease of access and relevant results. But I've found that Bing is just as good (just not as quick to access).

What do you guys mean "results are much better than everyone else"?

I don't like how people don't like Bing (example) because it is not "relevent"? When you use that word, do you mean that the results are not related to what you are searching for, or simply that they are not similar to Google's?

When I type "Owls" into Bing, I get some stuff on the The Purdue University Online Writing Lab, owls (the animal), and Web Ontology Language. All are acceptable results.

When I go to Google and type in "Owls", I get just about the same results.

Now, if I want to narrow it down, to let's say "Owls animal", then:

Bing: I get a bunch of different informative articles about owls and different species of owls, as well as pictures.

Google: I get information articles, except 1 result is about Harry Potter. No images of owls.

---------

So in this random search that I just did, Bing won. But that's not the point: Both SEs had "relevant" searches. Unless you can give me an example where I am wrong, I rest my case.
If you want the most relavent results, Nothing can top Dogpile usually.
BTW you spelled search wrong.
(2010-01-25, 04:39 PM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]BTW you spelled search wrong.

Lol, my r button is playing up. Thanks for pointing it out.
(2010-01-25, 02:13 PM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]Google's results are so much better then all other engines. if you switced you would be sadly disappointed. The only person I know who doesn't use Google is someone who worked for Yahoo!.

When you're sure you are making correct spellings, then feel free to criticize others!!
I use Google strictly due to the fact that it's the search engine I've grown up on. Without saying it's necessarily better than the rest, I do like the simplicity and features. Maps, definitions, etc. are useful tools anywhere.
Pages: 1 2