MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: image verification and username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 questions.

image verification isn't working. maybe the ftp had an error. is there a folder/file that didn't get transfered? or are both of my computers missing an update for whatever program isn't working correctly on my computer?

When you type in a new username it is taking f o r e v e r! Any ideas?

thanks if advance
Check that your server has the GD library PHP module installed and active as I believe this is required for CAPTCHA.

With your second issue, what takes forever? Does it take forever to turn green? or does it take forever to post the registration?
(2010-01-26, 12:29 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Check that your server has the GD library PHP module installed and active as I believe this is required for CAPTCHA.

With your second issue, what takes forever? Does it take forever to turn green? or does it take forever to post the registration?

no it's this clockwise spinning circle and "checking if username is available" been going for 5 minutes now. everything has been working great except for these 2 issues.

I already did alot of work on this site as far as labeling all the colums and forums. is there a folder just these items are saved in that i can save and start over from scratch?

we aren't using the site, just developing so i guess try again with a new database and web address isn't such a big deal! ugh! will make sure i can add new users before I waste my time on customizing my forum
(2010-01-26, 12:29 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Check that your server has the GD library PHP module installed and active as I believe this is required for CAPTCHA.

yes it is. confused
(2010-01-26, 12:51 AM)jetjarv Wrote: [ -> ][quote='TimB.' pid='457682' dateline='1264465786']
Check that your server has the GD library PHP module installed and active as I believe this is required for CAPTCHA.

no it's this clockwise spinning circle and "checking if username is available" been going for 5 minutes now. everything has been working great except for these 2 issues.

I already did alot of work on this site as far as labeling all the colums and forums. is there a folder just these items are saved in that i can save and start over from scratch?

we aren't using the site, just developing so i guess try again with a new database and web address isn't such a big deal! ugh! will make sure i can add new users before I waste my time on customizing my forum

It never turns green. The waiting symbol just prior to that. It is quick on a friend's website who has helped me so far, but on mine it will never turn green. You can still register as long as that name isn't already taken.

Is it possible that filezilla didn't transport all the files? I just dragged the folder over, I'd assume everything went across. Has anyone had problems with the ftp program not transfering all the files?

I've read that 12 page post about the captcha, but i've downloaded 1.4.11, all those patches are already in there right?

I called godaddy and they assured me that the php modes are enabled.
here is a link to my forum

http://www.jetjarv.com/forumjetjarv4

click register and you can see what i'm talking about when you type in a username

then the captcha phrase doesn't work either. I just finished installing mybb for the 4th trial. same luck every time.

version 1.4.11
GoDaddy is another host I am rapidly starting to hate. This is in the source of the registration page, and of the CAPTCHA image:

</iframe></noscript></object></layer></span></div></table></body></html><!-- adsok --> 
<script language='javascript' src='https://a12.alphagodaddy.com/hosting_ads/gd01.js'></script>

This will not be doing you any favours, this is why the image is broken, and probably why the registration page is broken too. They need to remove this.
(2010-01-26, 08:24 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]GoDaddy is another host I am rapidly starting to hate. This is in the source of the registration page, and of the CAPTCHA image:

</iframe></noscript></object></layer></span></div></table></body></html><!-- adsok --> 
<script language='javascript' src='https://a12.alphagodaddy.com/hosting_ads/gd01.js'></script>

This will not be doing you any favours, this is why the image is broken, and probably why the registration page is broken too. They need to remove this.

you feel that the free site is messing up my site with their advertisements?

i just found out my friend is using godaddy delux hosting and has no issues like me. only difference is that i have the free site and he is paying.

looks like i have to find a different hosting service. thanks
Many hosts put in ads like yours does, but they don't usually cause this issue. It's adding extra output to the image for the CAPTCHA, and extra output in an image will break it.