MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: robots.txt and calendar permissions problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
having some problems with calendar permissions. I changed the settings to allow Guests to view calendars and I also added a robots.txt file to the public_html folder. if i'm logged in, i'm able to view the calendar. If i view it as a guest, it tells me I need to login. Then I deleted the robots file hoping the calendar would work when viewed as a guest. nope. any clue as to what's up?

User-Agent: *
Disallow: /calendar.php
Disallow: /captcha.php
Disallow: /editpost.php
Disallow: /misc.php
Disallow: /modcp.php
Disallow: /moderation.php
Disallow: /newreply.php
Disallow: /newthread.php
Disallow: /printthread.php
Disallow: /private.php
Disallow: /ratethread.php
Disallow: /report.php
Disallow: /sendthread.php
Disallow: /task.php
Disallow: /usercp.php
Disallow: /usercp2.php
Link please?
robots.txt has nothing to do with guest permissions. That is for bots (e.g. Google, Yahoo!, etc.) to follow when indexing your site.

To allow guests to view the calendar, go to: Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Guests -> Miscellaneous -> "Can view Calendar?".
yup, i configured it thru ACP. it doesnt seem to work. i ticked the box to allow guests to view it, but it still acts like it's unchecked. i played around with the calendar with 1.4.9 and disabled it afterwards. then when 1.4.11 came out, i had to renable it with since my client wanted a calendar.

is there a mysql query?
Check that ACP > Configuration > Calendars > Permissions next to whatever calendar your using > make sure the view box is ticked next to guests.
(2010-01-26, 07:03 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Check that ACP > Configuration > Calendars > Permissions next to whatever calendar your using > make sure the view box is ticked next to guests.

great! thanks. that's what i was forgetting! Big Grin
I have done exactly what mugen did, but I get no answer.

Everytime a Guest tries to access the calendar, the registration/log in page appears.

Any help, anyone?

Thanks in advance!
Printscreen of both of these settings??
(2010-03-14, 10:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Printscreen of both of these settings??

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/1753/sc1r.jpg
And what about in the usergroups settings, as described in post #3??
Pages: 1 2