MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't create new forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've found I can't create new forums.

Any new forum is absent from the Admin CP although it can be found by going to the database and everything looks normal there.

A new forum will appear to users, even though it doesn't appear in the Admin CP, but if they click on it to enter they receive a message "invalid forum".

My only guess is that this is connected to eaccelerator, which I started using a couple of weeks ago, as nothing else has been changed. Please correct me if you think I'm heading in the wrong direction with this guess, but right now that's the only thing I can think of as the cause.
Try rebuilding the cache.
And if that dosen't work try re-uploading the 1.4.11 files (if you are up to date). If you aren't up to date, you should upgrade and see if the problem persists.
Yeah. If you say the DB looks good, then I would guess that something along these lines would be wrong.
Is this on your Katie Piper forum? I clicked on all your forums and they all opened fine, or is the forum not visible to guests?
Thanks very much for your replies.

xiofire, I tried rebuilding the cache but that didn't help.
Tierney, I re-uploaded the files but that didn't help either.
TimB, no sorry, it's a different forum. However, the new forums I created which wouldn't open I've now deleted to avoid keep being asked about them.
So you create a forum, there's a valid fid in the URL when you're getting the invalid forum message, and in the database, there's a row in the forums table with that same fid??
Hello Matt Rogowski.

Yes, exactly correct.
I would take a backup of your database then delete that row and see if everything sorts its self out. If it causes problems revert your database backup.