MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CPM and CPC Advertising plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-01-26, 10:37 PM)rapid Wrote: [ -> ]That is a good way NetSage, but I will still have to pay to use their service, which isn't cost effective. I am not a Coder and wouldn't really want to attempt something like that.

You can download it and host it on your server. It's an open source script. they just offer a professional service at a cost Wink.

http://www.openx.org/ad-server/download

They also seem to offer free(community) hosting but I'm not really sure how that works.
Thanks all, I will look into it further.
I have been using OpenX for years (before it was even called OpenX) and I just built a simple plugin that I use that I load the OpenX invocation code into variables via the global_start hook and put those variables into the needed templates. This lets me adjust the invocation codes, zones, etc via a single plugin rather than messing with multiple templates.

I host my own OpenX in its own separate database from the forum. It makes backups easier and dealing with tons of tables all at once. Not required if your host wont let you have another DB on your account but its a nice to have.

OpenX lets you CPM, CPC, tenancy, etc.
Does anyone even know of anything that competes with OpenX? I mean there a lot of ad manger scripts but most are extremely basic.
Pages: 1 2