MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: For all the women out there...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Finally we have it up and running.
Forum link: http://www.thewomensplanet.com/

This is a women's forum. Men are also welcome to join and participate thoughSmile. But mainly for girls.

I wanted to have a site like this + a blog or something. I was looking at wordpress but My bf suggested to use MyBB and helped set this up for me. Still do not know most of the stuff that he did, but seems straightforward enough. Eventually I need to use a blog platform/ Let's see.

How do I get people to join us? We've five-six friends to start with. But that's not enough Sad. Would you tell your girls please? You can also join.

Please tell me some ideas. thanks
-Jenn
The theme is very nice. I can't find one fault with your forum.

Good luck with it, I'm sure it will be successful. Just needs some more content Smile
Very nice modifications of the Realize theme!
Hope all goes well with the forum, good luck!
(2010-01-26, 05:49 PM)Jakee Wrote: [ -> ]The theme is very nice. I can't find one fault with your forum.

Good luck with it, I'm sure it will be successful. Just needs some more content Smile

Thank you for the kind words. I agree about the content. All my friends are busy these days and they have promised me to post lots of good material.
(2010-01-26, 05:52 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice modifications of the Realize theme!
Hope all goes well with the forum, good luck!

Thank you very much. Smile
Very retro theme, it looks amazing and professional Smile

One thing I suggest though is that you reduce the forums for now. There are a huge amount of forums, and that gives a look of emptiness.

Try combining some of the categories to be a little more generalized, and if you notice a need for a specific topic (like you notice a large amount of topics about pregnancy), then you can make a forum specifically for Pregnancy.

One more thing: http://www.thewomensplanet.com/showthrea...pid=1#pid1

Notice how there is no border at the top of the postbit, I would add that in.
(2010-01-27, 04:23 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Very retro theme, it looks amazing and professional Smile

One thing I suggest though is that you reduce the forums for now. There are a huge amount of forums, and that gives a look of emptiness.

Try combining some of the categories to be a little more generalized, and if you notice a need for a specific topic (like you notice a large amount of topics about pregnancy), then you can make a forum specifically for Pregnancy.

One more thing: http://www.thewomensplanet.com/showthrea...pid=1#pid1

Notice how there is no border at the top of the postbit, I would add that in.

Thank you. I tried everything with CSS and post bit template to put that border-top. But nothing works. i wonder why it works for trow2 and not for trow1 when both uses .tborder class.

Regarding the content, We are going to group some of them and merge for now, to be added later as necessary. Smile
If you go into your postbit_classic template, you will find something along the lines of:

[html]<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0;" id="post_1" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1">[/html]

You have to delete style="border-top-width: 0;"
(2010-01-27, 11:16 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]If you go into your postbit_classic template, you will find something along the lines of:

[html]<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0;" id="post_1" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1">[/html]

You have to delete style="border-top-width: 0;"

Solved minor glitch. Details here

Thanks Zash for poniting that out and helping to fix it.