MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Here is a challenge if its possible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone know if its possible to make multiple copies of mybb run off the same mysql database??? if it is how??? as i say i douptthis is possible but i would be over the moon if it can work. I dont mind having multiple tables in the database but i just need to cut down on the number of databases??

Thank You,
You specify a different table_prefix for each MyBB install. During the installation of MyBB you are asked your database details. If you specify a different table prefix for each install, you can use the same database.
Be careful having lots of tables in one database. If one database corrupts then you will lose all your forums' information. When you backup, you will only be able to backup all the forums and not individual forums.
decswxaqz Wrote:When you backup, you will only be able to backup all the forums and not individual forums.
If you are running phpMyAdmin then you can select the tables you want to backup, so this is not neccesarily true. I have 2 forums in one database, and I only back up one of them because the other is run by a friend.
Can this be done for things like Coopermine Photo Gallery too, to include users without having to re register?
FeeferGross Wrote:Can this be done for things like Coopermine Photo Gallery too, to include users without having to re register?

Yes, it's called a bridging-file, and it was available (Still is) in coppermine for MyBB RC4....

Until it is modified for MyBB v1.0, it's useless. Wink
Ozidave Wrote:Yes, it's called a bridging-file, and it was available (Still is) in coppermine for MyBB RC4....

Until it is modified for MyBB v1.0, it's useless. Wink

The developed a new bridge for MyBB. It works pretty good (I just had some Problems because I only was Admin as secondary group).

Here is the link

http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/inde...ic=26964.0